ANGRY MONKEYS RACING COULD BE YOUR NEXT TEAM!
AMR is always looking for members who want to promote cycling. While our primary focus is MTB (XC) & Cyclocross (CX), we have members who race for AMR in other disciplines from Triathlons to Adventure to Running events. This team/club is for ALL levels of riding and racing experience. Our goals are to foster a community of cycling enthusiasts who want more in racing, promote healthy competition in a fair and positive way, and encourage one another as we each strive to bring out our personal best.
1. Have Fun Racing. That doesn't mean we're not serious about racing, but none of us are Pro racers, we all have jobs, families and other commitments we have to train and race around. We do expect that you participate in at least two events as an Angry Monkey. (Events could be charity rides, races (any discipline is fine), USA Cycling events, or other approved events.)
2. No Flinging Poo & Don't be a Snob. We expect everyone to display good sportsmanship, and be respectful of each other, our competitors, and the race officials. All our riders and potential members are valued not for the results they achieve, but the spirit they bring to the team.
3. Suit Up. While we encourage everyone to wear the whole kit (because it's awesome), we understand if you can only get a jersey. Jersey or other team representation is expected for races/events & podium pictures. If non-AMR kit items are worn with our jersey, they shouldn't detract from our kit's appearance. Members are not required to purchase the latest and greatest kit, but who would turn down awesome new gear?
4. Jump In. Get involved. Be Social. Ask questions on our super secret, private, team-only Facebook page - this is also where we team-up for rides and races regionally. Hang-out at races with teammates, even if you are unable to race. Members are expected to submit race/event updates with photos for the website. Follow us on twitter (@teamangrymonkey), instagram (@Angrymonkeysracing) we promise we'll follow back. We also have a Facebook fan page, so your mom can follow us, too.
5. Make it Official. Our members are free to race MTB or CX for another team. For example you might race MTB for us, but then CX for another team. We hope you'll race both for us, but we understand - just make sure you list it on your USA Cycling license, and let us know so we're not confused. If you're planning on racing more than a few races, you should go ahead and get a license. USAC Club ID: 15026
6. No Hope in Dope. Illegal drug use and doping are not beneficial to the sport of cycling and have no place on this team. DOPERS SUCK socks can be worn proudly.
7. Smile. Members waive the rights to photos for the website, Facebook group, our sponsors, other AMR publications, etc. We will post a bio on the website introducing you.
8. Fair is Fair. We don't have an "elite" team like some, so any team deals, discounts, and sponsorships must be available to all members.
9. Cycling is dangerous... and fun. Ride within your limits as an Angry Monkey and always obey local laws and rules. Each member is responsible for their own insurance and decision making.
10. Pay to play. $35 for individuals. $45 for families (includes spouses and Jr racers). This allows families to be able to join and race together, pushing our goal to promote cycling. Our annual membership fee pays for our USA Cycling registration, the website, and other overall club expenses. Membership expires annually on January 1. Local chapters are requested to assist with local funding; see your local members for more info. (If you want a team tent in your area, your group needs to raise the money independently.) We do not have financial sponsorships so we have to pay on our own.
What you get
Support- Not always in riding, but a community to ask questions and get help. We cannot always have group rides or large numbers at races, most of the time you will be self supporting, however we are there in spirit and to answer any questions.
Tee Shirt- Everyone needs a tee shirt to rock while hanging out at the races.
Representation- Through our social media channels we want to promote your accomplishments. You rock, so we want to tell others.
Brand- We are not a billboard for brands that don't represent you. We do get a little help from some industry leaders, but we want the focus to be on you and racing, not the logos on your back.
Attachment- Being on a team is just fun. Nothing better than when Brad Sohner, Dave Towle, Zach Schuster or maybe even Bob Roll say your name and start talking about the team. You are attached to something great.
How to Join
Sign up- Visit our webpage. www.angrymonkeysracing.com/join.html Reread the information on that page, just to make sure that AMR is the right fit for you. Click on the button at the end saying you are ready to join, fill out the form, and then pay the dues. Ask questions first though! The earlier you do this the better, because kits are going to be ordered March 1 so you need to be ready to buy kits. If you have questions about sizing then we need to figure that out before March 1. Hincapie items that will be available: Velocity Jersey, Velocity Bib, Arm Warmers, Element wind vest, Mountain bike LS Jersey and LS Skinsuit for the crazy cx racers out there. If you have questions about cost, contact us.