Join AMR 2015 before March 15th!
Rosters for the 2015 Cycling season is being set now. That means even if you are a Fall CX rider, now is the time to join for the team. Membership drive runs to March 15th, but join ASAP to get in on all the latest deals and gear. For more info visit our website www.angrymonkeysracing.com. Share with friends and co-workers. Lets make 2015 a fantastic year for Angry Monkeys Racing. Contact us for any questions. Below is our established purpose and expectations for riders. Visit http://www.angrymonkeysracing.com/join.html to read, or read below.
AMR is always looking for members who want to promote cycling. While our primary focus is MTB (XC) & Cyclocross (CX), we do have members who race for AMR in other events like road, crits, duathlons, endurance events and running events. This team/club is for all levels of riding and racing experience. Our goals are to foster a community of MTB & CX enthusiast who want more in racing, promote healthy cycling competition in a fair and positive way, and support and encourage one another, as we each strive to bring out our personal best. Although originally founded in Georgia & registered with USA Cycling in Wisconsin, members are welcomed from all states.
Here's what the team expects-
1. Have Fun Racing. That doesn't mean we're not serious about racing, but none of us are Pro racers, we all have jobs, families and other commitments we have to train and race around. We do expect that you participate in at least two events as an Angry Monkey. (Events could be charity rides, Races (any discipline is fine), USA Cycling events or other approved events)
2. No Flinging Poo & Don't be a Snob. We expect everyone to display good sportsmanship, and be respectful of each other, our competitors, and the race officials. All our riders and potential members are valued not for the results they achieve, but the spirit they bring to the team. We don't want to be an elitist group, there's a place on our team for everyone from the beginner to the expert. Everyone should expect to be treated as a valued and equal partners on this team.
3. Suit Up. Team gear is purchased separately. While we encourage everyone to wear the whole kit, because its awesome, we understand if you can only get a jersey. Jersey or other team representation is required for races/events. If non kit items are worn with our jersey, they shouldn't detract from our kits appearance. No other team logos, or oversize manufacturers logos on other items like warmers, gloves, jackets, etc.. Try your best to wear a jersey or AMR shirt for your podium pictures. In the event of severe cold weather, the team kit rule can suck it. Do what you gotta do to race. Kits are designed by Hincapie Sports. For 2015 we are planing just one kit order in March. For more info on kit availability contact us via email.
4. Jump In. Get involved. Be Social. Ask questions on our super secret private team only Facebook page, this is also where we team up for rides and races, but understand we are a small team divided across the nation and not everyone has the same schedule. Hang out at races with teammates, even if you couldn't race. Tweet monkey, tweet! Through the miracle of the interweb, we can all stay connected, so send in your race reports, pictures, results, etc... We request that each member sends in reports for at least one event they participated in. This could be as simple as a photo and short sentence about about the event. Follow us on twitter (@teamangrymonkey), promise we'll follow back. We also have a Facebook fan page, so your Mom can follow us too.
5. Make it Official. Our members are free to race MTB or CX for another team. For example you might race MTB for us, but then CX for some road team. We hope you'll race both for us, but we understand, just make sure you list it right on your USA Cycling license, and let us know so we're not confused. If you're planning on racing more than a few races, you should go ahead and get a license.
6. No Hope in Dope. Drug use and doping are not beneficial to the sport of cycling and have no place on this team. DOPERS SUCK socks can be worn proudly.
7. Smile- (or give us your best mug) Members waive the rights to photos for the website, Facebook group, our sponsors, other AMR publications etc... We will post a bio on the website introducing you.
8. Fair is Fair. We don't have an "elite" team like some clubs, any team deals, discounts, sponsorships have to be available to all members.
9. Cycling is dangerous...and fun. Ride within your limits as an Angry Monkey and always obey local laws and rules. Each member is responsible for their own insurances and decision making.
10. Pay to play. $25 for individual memberships. Family Memberships $35. This allows families to be able to join and race together again pushing our goal to promote cycling. This includes spouses and Jr racers. Our annual membership fee pays for our USA Cycling registration, the website, and other overall club expenses. Membership expires Feb 1st each year, but if you join us in Dec or Jan, we'll go ahead and count that for the next year. Pay via the PayPal request after filling out the membership form. Local chapters are requested to help out with local funding, see your local members for more info. (if you want a team tent in your area, your group needs to raise the money independently) We do not have financial sponsorships so we have to pay for stuff on our own.
Walz Cycling Caps Order till JAN 12th! UPDATED- Join Now and still get in on this order. March 15th Due.
We are opening up our order for Walz cycling caps to the public till JANUARY 12th!!! These are silk screened on made in the USA cotton poly blend and they come in large or small. Our price is going to be $18 each. Contact us with the quantity and sizes. Include your shipping address, and email. We will email you back a Paypal invoice for payment. Orders need to be placed and paid for by Jan 12th. Walz website is here so you can see the type of hat we are ordering. Contact us for more details!!